#EIPSWRITES IS NOW OPEN FOR THE 2016-2017 SCHOOL YEAR.
#EIPSWRITES is a fun new Creative Writing competition. Submissions can be written in poetry or prose and should be related to this year’s theme:
The Beauty of Failure
What’s in it for students?
All entries will be considered for publication in this year's EIPS anthology (print and/or web published).
All participants will be entered for a chance to attend a full day Writer’s Workshop with a professional author and other student writers in the district.
Who Is Eligible?
There are three student categories:
- grades 7-8
- grades 9-10
- grades 11-12
What Can you Submit?
This contest has two judged categories, which we have left deliberately vague...to allow participants the broadest possible canvases:
Will there be Prizes?
Yes! And, all participants will also have a chance to to attend a Writers’ Workshop with a professional writer. This year's Writers' Workshop will be held on TDA.
What Are the Rules?
- All participants must be enrolled in an EIPS school.
- All entries must be in English.
- All entries must be accompanied by a submission form. Do not include your name on any of the other pages of your submission.
- Maximum of one submission per category per student.
- All entries must be approved by the submitting teacher.
- All entries in this competition will be judged anonymously, on merit alone.
- Submissions will be evaluated on the following: Grammar, Organization, Strong style and personal voice; We encourage writers to include personal examples and insights; Originality and clarity of content and ideas
- Entries must be original work, unpublished and unproduced, not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission. (The decision to disqualify any entry is at the sole discretion of the panel of judges. The disqualification decision is final and not subject to review.)
- Entries will not be returned – keep your original copy!
When is the Deadline to Enter?
The deadline to enter is May 13, 2017. Teachers should send all submissions should be forwarded to Janice Sundar at Central Office.
All entries must be submitted through an EIPS school. Each submission must be accompanied by a complete submission form. If you have any questions, please contact Janice Sundar.