Monday, January 25, 2016

Improving Reading Comprehension: The Power of Access and Choice

This presentation came my way today...thank you to Clearview Public Schools for sharing. The presentation is based on the work of Dr. Richard Allington--who, for those of you who don't know, is a  major, MAJOR guru in teaching reading.

I encourage you to take a quick flip through this slide deck if you're at all interested in thinking about reading, literacy and schools...

I hope you enjoy!


 


BTW- While I love the entire presentation, my top 6 favourite slides are: 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 30. 

Which slides speak to you? 

P.S. Richard Allington is also the author of my favourite SHORT article on what a great literacy program looks like. Click here to read it. It's delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment